OHHH Its Friday the 13th! That means…ABSOLUTLY NOTHING. There has been some amazing music released in the past few weeks and I cant stop playing! Here is my list!
- Lemonade by Beyoncé 9/10
- Yes I know, this album didn’t come out this week but man it feels like it. This is easily one of the best albums of 2016 already. The songs are so deep and meaningful, you can feel the emotion she puts into, so how can you not love it!
- Coloring Book by Chance the Rapper 10/10
- NO WORDS! If he doesn’t win every Grammy possible I’m going to bbe very upset. This album is great, the opening with Kanye is amazing, and almost childish melodies and undertones really lives up to the albums title. I feel like it takes me back to childrens programs on Disney at 7am before school, but then you talk about real life in a meaningful way. Chance takes life to the next level by taking a step back and remembering that everyone was a child once.
- Views by Drake 8.5/10
- Id be lying if I said this was my favorite Drake album, but its pretty good. This is one of those albums you have to listen to 5 or 6 times to really hear what he’s saying and then you have your aha moment. Good job Drake, good job.
- This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna 9/10
- I know this is only a single, but its the perfect summer song. I love it! Driving down the street with the windows down and this song comes on, nothing better. Calvin and Rihanna make a great team, I would love to hear a collab album from them… Just an idea.
- Dangerous Woman by Ariana Grande 8/10
- I don’t know what it is about Ariana Grande, but her music is really catchy. Its not like her lyrics are always the most meaningful, but her songs are great for the time they are released. I think her album is going to be something perfect for the summer and that’s really exciting!
So here are my favorite albums for this week! I hope you like my reviews and you should go check them out for yourself! Have a nice weekend and ill see you on Monday!